Monday, October 8, 2012

Skvat Cat's Spiceynada

Dough
Mix:
2 c. lukewarm water
1 t. yeast
1 t. chili
1 t. garlic powder
½ t. oregano
whole wheat flour to make a porridge consistency
let stand one hour
Then add 2 T. olive oil and 2 t. salt and spelt flour to make a dough

Filling
Cut up 350 g. lamb and marinate  30 minutes or longer in:
olive oil
grated fresh garlic
1½ t. curry
1 t. paprika
1 t. oregano
Cook 2/3 c. rice with wild rice in
1 c. water
1 t. salt
2 t. chili
1 t. paprika
Dice and sauté in olive oil
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
then add:
1 bowl fresh or frozen peas
1 bunch of fresh chives cut small
Fry marinated lamb in a separate frying pan in olive oil. Drain fat, and move meat to vegetables. Add cooked rice.
Knead dough and cut in pieces and roll in desired shape.(here: chili shaped). Add filling and fold and pinch closed. Put on greased baking sheet. Bake 30 min. 200 C or 350 F.

Skvat Cat says: It's spiceylicious and you should try it! *****

5 comments:

  1. Wow! These are really spicey and really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to make these but don't know metric measurements. Could you let me know what "dl" is Or was that supposed to be cup?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Reddy the Teddy,
    The online converter I found, says 2dl = 0,8 cup and 3dl = 1, 2 cup
    Actually you should follow the instructions on your particular bag of rice to get the best results.
    Best regards, Editor DMZuggy
    Let me know how they come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an old bear and not very good with computers so I am trying to send my picture plus my comment. However I am having problems uploading it.

    Mr. Editor, Dmzuggy,

    I would like to make these but don't know metric measurements. Could you let me know what the English
    equivalent of "dl" is?

    Thanks,
    Your fan Reddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Reddy!
    dl is deciliter. The magic formula for most rice is 2 to 3. that is 2 units rice to 3 units water. I suggest 2/3 c. rice to 1 c. water for this recipe.
    We will update the recipe. Thanks for pointing out the inconsistency.
    Best regards,
    Editor DMZuggy
    I hope you figure out how to upload your picture!

    ReplyDelete